Parents of Normandy Park Preschool
Fall meeting, September 28, 2016 Minutes
Begin 7:05pm: Introductions
Discussion on spending money from last year: Current Balance $8,362.31
- Preschool experience? Ideas include: Pacific Science Center – Sound Bridge at Benaroya Hall, science at Mercer Slough, or both of those options come to the preschool; The Makery- Traveling party, craft, etc.; “Not it’s” Band; Seahurst Park- Toddler Time on Wednesday’s; Drop the 2’s class off at the cove for field trip. Not walk down from the school.; Coding/Bee Bots. Possibly from the museum of flight.;
- Updated dramatic play area? Possible rebuild for future. Possibly Eric Andersen could do it.
- New puzzles and games? Basic Computer Coding game/machine
- Other ideas? New Radio, Computer for teachers, WiFi
- Tuition Assistance is still available if needed.
- Law Enforcement/Fire outreach/class.- Class could then make a mural/thank you.
Discussion on auction (Friday, November 18th, 6pm)
- Procurement help; Getting the items and the organizing the actual event. Who can do this aspect? Any volunteers?
- Food ideas; Azteca Platters- Taco Bar. Caterer. BBQ. Pizza’s. – Catered/Pre-Made. Is the consensus.
- Sell wine and beer? Have to get a license to resell. Can we sell wine at the event? Consensus says yes.
- Other ideas or input: Parents bring a bottle of wine for Instant Wine Cellar. Bundles/baskets of stuff- movie TIX, gift cards, etc. making a basket. Seahawks bundle, sports tickets, etc. Coffee, chocolate, crafts, kids books, etc. Class ideas.
- Class basket. Sports team(s). Sounders, Mariners, Seahawks. Parents will look into getting TIX from businesses and other related items
- Seahawks- 2.5/3.5’s
- Sounders- 3.5/4.5’s
- Mariners- pre-K
- Can the kids make a craft/fire ceramic, etc. Maybe 2 per class.
- Can we add entertainment for kids? Magician, Balloon Animals, Band, etc.
- Raffle. Let’s do it again. 50/50 raffle. Blink button raffle.
- Class Pet/Stuffed Animal? Win for the weekend!
- If a business donates, they should be allowed to attend- possibly
- Extended family and friends can come but they have to buy a ticket.
- The class with the most parents get involved, they get an ice cream party.
Communication and Misc Notes:
We need to get the word out to more parents! How can we get more parents to attend the PTA meeting? We should send out a reminder email a few days in advance regarding the PTA meetings.
Could we have a Facebook page for each class? Possibly private groups/pages? Can we set up a parent list/get access to a parent list? Perhaps get one parent from each class to sign up for the group, so that parents have notifications in the FB group. We also need to get the word out about the website/FB pages. Some parents did not realize that the site has been updated.
BLOOMZ App possibility. Someone uses that. Could be looked in to.
We need to link the NPPS website to the FB page! If it hasn’t already been done.
Add the field trip calendar to the website.
Remind parents to pay the field trip money!
Email list and other communication thoughts (class facebook pages?)
Parent Volunteers to organize FB Page for individual classes
2 yr olds – Sharlie
3 ½ yr olds- Annie (Vice Pres) and Natalie -15 kids in the class
Pre K- 17 kids in the class- Kelly, plus one other – Still looking for a volunteer
A lot is being worked on. Stay tuned. Filter so that only the admin can approve posts. Filter so that only the parents of students have access to the groups. Must be checked with group leader. Only approved pictures.